Instead of making resolutions for a better year in 2016, I am/asking you all to stop. Take a minute and practice gratitude for all the wonderful things that happened this year.
Here is my 2015 gratitude list:
- Anthony and I moved into a beautiful two bedroom apartment. Such an upgrade and I am so in love with the place I call home.
- I have had the opportunity to travel so much and see my family more in one year than I did for years living away from the east coast. I’ve gone to CT, MD, NJ, and MA. But I’ve also had the means to fly to MN to see my parents and to MI to visit Anthony.
- My beautiful college roommate is getting married and asked me to be in her wedding. I had so much fun reuniting with her to pick out the bridesmaid dresses.
- I found a wonderful job working with the best team. And the views of Times Square from 41 floors up are stunning!
- I have made some wonderful friendships. One beautiful, new friendship took me on a trip to the Dominican Republic!
- I gained the strength to ask for help. I am now on antidepressants and seeing a therapist. I am finally feeling at peace and ridding myself of constant anxiety.
- I have begun a consistent mediation practice and have embraced my inner peace seeker. That is me. I’m not a party animal. I’m surprisingly an introvert and I’m okay with that.
- My parents are alive and well. I am beyond thankful for their presence and overwhelming love.
- And finally, while I don’t normally talk about our relationship too deeply, I’m thankful for another year with my partner. Anthony has continued to push me to be my best self and only encourages me to go for what makes me happy. And it also appears that Audrey has finally accepted Anthony!