Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day! I’m going to let you in on a little secret: I could really care less about this holiday. In fact, I’m more excited about today being Friday the 13th (I’m a huge horror movie fan). BUT I can appreciate this holiday’s permission for me to eat more! We all know that I love food!
Anthony and I don’t exchange gifts on V-day. Never have, never will. But every year I make something sweet and we go out to dinner (because, you know, it’s food!). The past 2 years I’ve made these Cabernet Chocolate Truffles. They are SUPER delicious, and you have an excuse to drink a lot of Cabernet Sauvignon (don’t waste 😉 )!
But this year Anthony asked me not to make those again, since they are too good and they end up being gone within 24 hours (I’m not sorry…). So I scoured Pinterest for a healthier truffle and found this recipe!
Guilt Free Chocolate Truffles
What you need:
- 1/2 cup, higher quality chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp almond or peanut butter (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (used for rolling the truffles)
What you do:
- Melt the chocolate chips. I microwaved them for 30 second intervals.
- Mix in the nut butter into the melted chocolate until well mixed
- Fold in the greek yogurt. Don’t aggressively stir it!
- Put the finger licking mixture in the fridge until it start to harden. My batch took about 30 minutes to get to a consistency that would hold a ball shape.
- Roll the truffles in small balls, and roll them in the cocoa powder.
- Keep them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them!
My batch made 14 small truffles. According to MyFitnessPal, my batch of truffles had the following nutritional information per truffle:
- Calories: 53
- Carbs: 7
- Fat: 3
- Protein: 2
- Sodium: 2
- Sugar: 5
If you’re curious about our “romantic” dinner plans for tomorrow, we plan on stuffing our faces at an all you can eat and drink sushi and sake restaurant. We’re special :).
What are your plans for Valentine’s day?