Snowmageddon 2015 is here!!! And it’s…. kind of weak in NYC… Audrey sums this one up pretty well:
She is not impressed. The news is on a constant loop of saying “well, it snowed a bit less than predicted in the city.” They are replacing Maury with this! (yes, I love trashy tv…) Oh well, I did get the day off from work today so I really cannot complain too much!
To help everyone stay warm, I’d thought I would share my super delicious Cinnamon Chip, Protein Oatmeal recipe!
Cinnamon Chip, Protein Oatmeal
What you need:
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/2 serving protein powder (I used Biochem 100% Whey)
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 – 3/4 cup water (depends on your texture preference for oatmeal)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon Chips (sold next to chocolate chips. If you haven’t had these before, you are welcome! Or I’m sorry for starting your new addiction…)
What you do:
- Combine your oats, protein powder, milk, and water in a bowl.
- Microwave it all. I did for 1 minute. Time depends on the type of oats you are using.
- Top with your new addiction- cinnamon chips.
Here is the nutritional information, according to MyFitness Pal using my ingredients:
- Calories: 313
- Carbs: 43g
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 19g
- Fiber: 4g
If the snow storm hit you harder, stay safe and stay warm!