Last week Anthony and I celebrated another anniversary (yay!)!!! Since it fell during a weekday we decided to cook dinner the night of and go out to dinner on Friday. I made a super delicious (and low carb- per my new eating plan) Indian style cauliflower and chicken dish!
Before I get into the recipe, let me show off my gift! He got me the Tory Burch bracelet for the Fitbit! It’s so perfect and beautiful!
Indian style cauliflower and chicken
What you need:
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 an onion
- Curry powder, Garam Masala, Cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- spoonful of cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil
What you do:
- Chop up your cauliflower and coat with curry powder, garam masala, and cayenne powder and some oil. Cook it down a little just until it starts to soften a bit.
- Add in some diced onion into that mix.
- Once the onion turns a little translucent, transfer this beautiful veggie concoction to a separate bowl.
- Add diced chicken into the same pan you were just using. Season again with a little curry, garam masala, cayenne. Also throw some salt and pepper into that baby.
- While the chicken is cooking/browning, mix 1/2 a cup milk with some cornstarch (I wanted to use coconut milk, but I forgot to buy some. This worked really well anyway!)
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the cauliflower mixture and the milk to the pan.
- Stir and let that milk thicken into a sauce.
- Eat and enjoy!!!
This dish was fantastic as is, but you could also add rice or naan.
Cheers to happy life moments!