Yesterday was an emotional day for me. I said good-bye to my beloved Little Blue. It’s been part of the moving plan to sell my car, but that didn’t make it any easier to let her go.
I sure hope her next owner takes very good care of her. BUT I’m super happy about the reduced student loans I now have due to this sale!!
Due to the “sad that my car is gone/super happy that we are closer to moving” emotional state I was in last night, I needed dinner to be simple. I had all of the ingredients for this shrimp pasta with avocado sauce already on hand. So this is one of those toss it together dishes because your not very creative tonight, but it still turned out superb.
What you need:
- Frozen shrimp
- random assortment of vegetables (really whatever you have on hand that sounds delicious to you at that moment- I used asparagus and mushrooms)
- Avocado cubes
- Garlic (see my easy cutting method)- I like A LOT of garlic
- Small amount of olive oil
- Lemon juice
What you do:
- Cook pasta, set aside.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and garlic just until it gets fragrant. No one likes raw garlic… Remove half of the cooked garlic and place with the avocado cube. Leave the other half of the garlic in the pan for the veggies and shrimp.
- Chop and saute your veggies in that beautifully garlic-ed pan. Season to your preference.
- Add the shrimp to the veggie pan to heat up (I used pre-cooked frozen shrimp).
- Add the avocado cube and garlic to the cooked pasta. Stir in just a splash of lemon juice. Balsamic vinegar also tastes good added to this sauce.
- Top the pasta with your shrimp and veggies!
This dish is very customize-able and easy to change based on your taste preferences/what items you have on hand.