Yesterday was Sunday- so you know what that means…. Food prep day!!!
I really like to search other healthy bloggers’ recipes for some delicious food inspiration. This week I decided to try Simply, Taralynn’s Crockpot Pulled Bourbon Chicken. I didn’t have any pre-made Bourbon glaze so I just made my own with this recipe.
What you need:
- 10 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- Bourbon glaze (1/2 cup bourbon, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tsp Worcestershire, 1/8 cup white vinegar, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 garlic clove minced, dash of mustard, salt and pepper to taste)
What you do:
- Stir all of the ingredients (minus the chicken) together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts and sauce in your magical slowcooker, and cook on low for 4-6 hours. The cooking time depends on your slowcooker. Mine was done at around 5 hours.
- Either shred the chicken with a fork (boo) or use a KitchenAid!
- Put the shredded chicken and the remaining sauce into a container to be placed in the fridge. That liquid will soak back into the chicken the longer it sits in it.
I’ll be using this chicken all week for my and Anthony’s lunches.
His will contain: 2/3 cup bourbon chicken, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup black beans, 1/2 sauteed veggies, and 1/2 cup diced and cooked sweet potatoes.
Mine will contain: 1/2 cup bourbon chicken, 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup sauteed veggies, and 1/2 cup diced and cooked sweet potatoes.