Buffalo dip. I find it essential to any party. The slow cooker buffalo dip I wrote about before is absolutely delicious, and will leave you feeling like you’ve just gained about 20 pounds real quick. It’s very heavy so I’ve been asked to find a lighter, but equally as delicious, version of this dip. Pinterest to the rescue!
This picture doesn’t make the dip look that pretty, but I promise it’s worth trying!
I made this recipe to bring with us to a friend’s lake house this weekend. I think it’s safe to say it will be devoured before the first night of this weekend getaway is done. The greek yogurt replaces some of the cream cheese and shredded cheese, and ranch mix replaces a water fountain of ranch dressing. These replacements make it “lighter”.
What you need:
- 6 oz lower fat cream cheese
- 6 oz plain greek yogurt
- 6 oz shredded chicken (I used 2 chicken breast, probably more than the recipe actually calls for, and used my KitchenAid to shred it!)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 1/2 + 1/4 shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1.5 Tbsp Ranch Dip Mix
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (no slow cooker for this dip)
- Combine the cream cheese, yogurt, shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, and ranch mix in a large bowl.
- Spread this beautiful concoction in an 8×8 glass baking dish and top with remaining cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
- Serve immediately hot, or let it cool in the fridge overnight like I did!