I have many fitness goals. I want to complete a 5k, I want to do a handstand, and I want to do splits. All of these goals take persistent practice and actually quite a bit of strength training.
Finding time to accomplish these goals can sometimes seem overwhelming to me, as I do work a full-time job. But I find that my health and wellness is worth the time investment and working towards these goals makes me a happier person. It’s helpful for me to schedule workouts in my calendar- just like I would with any other appointment (our bodies are just as important as that dentist appointment you wouldn’t cancel on!). I’m often quite surprised with how much extra time I seem to find in my day when I schedule things.
Today is another day to work towards my goals and another day that my body proves to me how amazing and capable it really is. Due to the high positive response I’ve received from posting my last workout, I’m posting another one! Today’s workout is below. I used about a 10 pound weight for everything that needed weights.
- Quick Pre-Workout Stretch
- About a 1.5 miles Jog/Power Walk
- Oblique Workout
- Side Bend (with dumbbells): 3 sets, 10 reps each side
- Side Crunch: 3 sets, 10 reps each side
- Weighted Twisted Sit Up (holding weight to chest): 3 sets, 15 reps each side
- Side Crunch with Legs up at 90°: 3 sets, 10 reps each side
- Russian Twist (with dumbbell): 3 sets, 15 reps each side
- Deep Stretching and Headstand Practice (still in the headstand phase of my handstand goal)
I just downloaded the iMuscle 2 app., which is where I created my oblique workout for today. It’s pretty great so far! I’m excited to keep track of my muscle training progress. I really think visuals and stats help people see that their hard work is paying off!
Specific goals make it much easier to see your progress as well. Today I increased my running distance from 0.5 miles to 0.65 miles (before I started power walking) and I was able to lift my legs into the air for my headstand for a couple of seconds! Already some measurable progress (yay!)!