As you probably now by now, I’m a HUGE food prep advocate. Especially for week-day lunches. I’ve been on a meat-free lunch binge as of late and this week’s lunch is no exception.
This week I prepared a large batch of spinach salad that I’ve been eating between toasted bread. This is a variation of Tara Stile’s recipe.
What you need: (makes one serving)
- 3 TBSP hummus
- Fresh Ginger, chopped (I used my garlic cutting method with the ginger)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 3/4 TBSP olive oil
- 3/4 TBSP coconut oil, plus a tiny bit extra for sauteing veggies
- a couple drops of hot sauce
- 1/2 TBSP mustard
- Handful of spinach
- 1-2 mushrooms (i used baby bellas)
What you do:
- Combine the hummus, ginger, curry powder, lemon juice, olive oil, coconut oil, hot sauce, and mustard together to make the creamy sauce. Set this aside. (Mine was a tad liquid-y, but since I was prepping this for later meals it turned out okay. It definitely solidified in the fridge.).
- Chop the mushrooms and saute them until they are just slightly cooked. Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Combine the sauteed veggies with the sauce.
- If you’re making more than one serving, separate into small lunch containers to make grabbing-and-going during your week easier!